Pretty, light and spacious living areas with a lovely, totally private, enclosed south- facing garden and outside dining area with table, chairs and BBQ. Traditional, cosy cottage decor with plenty of homely touches and a mix of antique, vintage and modern furniture and fabrics plus a driftwood floor in the living room / dining area. Wood burning stove. Fully fitted kitchen with Italian tiled floor, modern bathroom with bath and shower.
- Fully equipped kitchen with oven, hob, washing machine, microwave and dishwasher.
- Travel cot (no bedding), high chair and stair gate.
- Infinity Broadband included
- TV, DVD player and DVD library.
- A mass of toys, games and books.
- Wood-burning stove for the colder months (some wood provided, more available at cost).
- Oil-fired central heating. Additional electric room heaters.
Please be aware that the twin bedroom is accessed via the single bedroom; both have doors.
- BBQ and outdoor furniture.
- Off-road parking space for up to three cars on site, directly in front of the cottage.
- Active local pub; 1/2 mile to the famous Creake Abbey.
- Lovely local walks
- Smoke detector
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Fire extinguisher
- No parties or events
- No smoking in the house
- No pets upstairs or on the furniture
Full, exclusive access to the entire cottage and its garden and parking area. I am always happy to discuss special offers for mid-week stays, couples and/or longer stays. The cottage sleeps 5 plus an infant. Well-behaved dogs are very welcome at a small extra charge (£5-10, money goes to local Hawk and Owl Trust). Dogs must not be left on their own in the cottage for lengthy periods, please.
Interaction with guests
The holiday cottage owner lives next door and is on hand to help/advise on how to best enjoy your stay. The cottage has a folder and a mass of information, maps and ideas for places to visit for all ages and interests, but do get in touch directly if you have special requirements, e.g. somewhere special to eat out, child-and/or dog-friendly places to go, bird-watching etc.
Other things to note
Well behaved dogs are most welcome. There is an outside tap and towels inside the door to clean up your pet before coming into the house. The cottage is situated well away from the road but the access is not gated. The sunny front garden is child- and dog-proof for added peace of mind. I expect all guests to be scrupulous about cleaning up after their pet(s) in the garden, please. I keep bantams, which are behind a fence beyond the cottage parking area. Younger guests are most welcome to help feed the hens.
Please note that I do not provide towels for stays of 1 or 2 nights, although these can be provided at a small extra cost. Unfortunately I cannot accept one-night bookings at weekends.
Get in touch
To get a price quote for your intended stay, please refer to our availability calendar, then contact us direct